Re: [TowerTalk] Mast steps

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mast steps
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 02:02:02 -0000
Andrew from XX towers could probably crawl out on your sideways mast.

http://kc1xx.com/gallery2/v/station/album05/Andrew_Oct_2004_2.jpg.html

http://www.pbase.com/df3kv/beam_repair

John KK9A

To:towertalk@contesting.com
From:David Robbins <k1ttt@verizon.net>
Reply-to:k1ttt@arrl.net
Date:Mon, 19 Aug 2013 09:02:13 -0500 (CDT)

my thought would be more like... mount the top section with rotor and thrust
bearing sideways and then climb out on the mast... how far would you go
before
the rotor or or top section or thrust bearing broke?  granted you climbing
the
mast won't put 100% of your weight sideways, but you are a live load and the
components are  not brand new by the time you need to go fix something.
personally I always lower the antennas to me rather than climb a mast.