Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25G temporary guys

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25G temporary guys
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 12:15:34 -0400 (EDT)
>  And temporary guys must NOT be rope.  Don't  ask!  Rope stretches. It is
no fun to ride even 10 or 20 feet of tower  to the ground.

    Very true. OTOH I use rope guys whenever I need  some temporaries but I
use a Trucker's Hitch to give myself enough mechanical  advantage to
tighten the ropes so that they're perfectly safe with adequate  tension. You
can
also use a real rope grab (e.g. Klein) and a comealong to get  enough tension
as well.

    There's a whole chapter containing a wealth of  information on ropes,
knots and rope management in my UP THE TOWER  book including an illustration
of the Trucker's Hitch.  Available from  championradio.com.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH
and