Re: [TowerTalk] Towable towers available from the government

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Towable towers available from the government
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2013 12:59:10 -0400
On 9/1/2013 9:35 AM, Patrick Greenlee wrote:

 and I don't get cross threaded with the FAA over tower heights

I can't speak for other items in your area, or state tall structured acts (we have them in Michigan) but if you are more than 5 miles from any registered airport and your height above average terrain is 200 feet or less the FAA is not normally interested. Depending on runway alignment and tower height, you can even get closer,

73

Roger (K8RI)

I can do as I please. Nearest neighbor's houses are over a quarter mile away.

Thanks again, Grant.

Patrick AF5CK