Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Shielded shack

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Shielded shack
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 05:12:25 -0400
On 10/2/2013 4:44 AM, Jim Smith wrote:
Stand it on its end and run M/2 with 1 position on the main floor and the other on the 2nd?

Sorry, still spinny after big WW RTTY effort.

So a larger out building requires a permit. The only problem I see in the permit requirements.

I could use a shipping container, but would probably need a foundation (good idea anyway) and possibly a roof and siding. I built a shop/ham shack. The basic limitations were it couldn't be larger than my house and couldn't have running water which would make it a second habitable building on the lot. No limits on towers except for setback and that was only the tower, not whats on it. So setback limits me to 100 ft tower, but I can stick a mast of 30' or more on it loaded with antennas and put a 21' tall vertical on top of that. I'm right on the center line for an instrument approach, but I'm far enough out, I could legally go 190'. Can't afford it and with a one acre lot the setback is just over 100'. Unless my stocks hit the jackpot and/or I win the lottery to buy 10 acres, it ain't gonna happen.

73,

Roger (K8RI)