Re: [TowerTalk] 80M Inverted V - CW and SSB

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80M Inverted V - CW and SSB
From: "Earl Morse" <kz8e@wt.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 12:32:43 -0700
On 10/21/2013 2:50 AM, Doug Scribner wrote:
> I'd like to find a quick way to switch between the CW and Phone portions of
> the band.

Try the Coaxial Resonator Match (AI1H) dipole.  It has the double dip you are
looking for and covers almost the entire 80M band.  It is essentially an
electrically OCF dipole made with coaxial cable.  The coaxial cable makes up
the antenna and open/shorted stubs.  The rest of the antenna is just wire and
even though it is electrically OCF the physical feed point is in the center of
the antenna.

I have been using one for over 10 years and it plays well.  It is in some of
the handbooks/antenna books.  QST Apr 1989 and Antenna Compendium Vol 2.

Earl
N8SS