Re: [TowerTalk] Tower and antenna decisions

To: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower and antenna decisions
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 22:57:23 -0700
Jim,

You're the audio expert, but didn't Bob Carver figure out some clever variable supply voltage tricks with his big Sunfire amps? I have two and my "Signature" stereo is rated 2 to 16 ohms (1250w/ch 4 ohms) and runs stone cold even when delivering big power. No other amp I've tried had the headroom needed for my B&W 801Fs to generate max orchestral peaks at concert hall levels.

So isn't what you are suggesting been done before in the audio domain?

Grant KZ1W