Re: [TowerTalk] minimum guy radius

To: gregk@towerbase.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] minimum guy radius
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 09:18:09 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Greg, this equates to a 42.5% guy radius vs ideal 80%.

I have seen (and owned) a tower with 40% guying radius. It is not
recommended but with proper engineering to calculate the lower wind load rating
 it
certainly will work.

Note: real engineering calcs, not an on a napkin at the bar while sipping
Scotch analysis for this!

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 10/31/2013 8:07:29 A.M. Central Daylight Time,