Re: [TowerTalk] COAX on CRANKUP-how to hang

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] COAX on CRANKUP-how to hang
From: Richard Karlquist <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 14:13:30 -0700
On 2013-10-31 13:27, Edward wrote:
Here's what has worked for me.  I have a 70' crank up somewhat
overloaded.  Numerous antennas incl several for VHF and UHF.

I would say I have about 10 feed lines coming down to include several
runs of LMR 600.

I use KF7P products.  At the top I use the 90 degree stand off and
secured the feed lines with tape and wire ties, which takes the load
off

In each section below I have the standoffs with large rings, guiding
the feed lines.  It collects nicely at the bottom, forming a couple of
large loops.

I use ultraflex at the top only for rotor loop purposes.  This system
has worked well for me.

73,
Ed NI6S

I have a similar situation and solution that has worked similarly.
RG-218 (like LMR900) and rotor cable, SteppIR cable, misc coaxes
all taped together.  Very stiff.  Forms very large loops on the
ground.  At the top I have a pipe with Kellems grips to hold
the coax, so the coax arm at the top is not supporting the weight.
From the top of the RG-218, there is a short run of Buryflex
wrapped around the mast up to the antenna.

On the coax arms, I bent the loops open so they have the shape
of a "U".  I then completed the circle by slipping the correct
size rubber hose over the ends of the "U".  The rubber hose was
stuff I got at the auto store for gasoline.  Now I have a very
roomy loop to let the cables dangle in.  This is on a 106 ft crankup.

Rick N6RK