[TowerTalk] FW: Wiring Sky Needle tower for 220 VAC

To: "'reflector -tower'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FW: Wiring Sky Needle tower for 220 VAC
From: "Matt" <km5vi@flukey.cc>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 22:34:15 -0600
Hi Ray,

At 220 V, 5V sag is about 2 % V drop.  Assuming balanced load, your 110 V
control power would only be down by 2 or 3 V which should be plenty stout to
hold  in the control relays.   Is this a 2HP motor?  #10's start my 2HP air
compressor @ 220V no problem with 250'+ of feeder.   Can you post the
control wiring schematic?   Will be happy to take a look to see what would
be involved to set it up for 220V motor with 110V control.  I am operating
both my Tri-Ex and UST @ 220V for same reasons except I opted for 24 VAC
control power.

Matt
KM5VI