Re: [TowerTalk] More crank-up questions

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] More crank-up questions
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 15:52:22 -0500
I'll try again...

Comparing the new base (yours) to the old base (mine), I'm wondering how different they are.

The old rebar cage is a simple affair consisting of a bunch of straight pieces tied together. There are no bends.

The hole is 3'6" X 3'6" X 6'6" deep which appears minimal to me.

There are no bolts holding the base ears. They are welded to #10 (inch and a quarter) 60" long rerod that extends to the top of the ears. #3 rerod extends them to within 6" of the bottom of the hole. It does not give the latitude you have with two bolts holding each ear. It's a strong set up, but appears much more primitive than your LM470 base

73

Roger (K8RI)