Re: [TowerTalk] Slipp-Nott

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Slipp-Nott
From: John Becker <johnb3030@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 12:06:26 -0600
I see nothing wrong with the slipp-nott design if used with enough
rotator.  Unfortunately many rotators depend on the mast slipping to
protect the rotator.

73,

Roger (K8RI)

The problem I see with the design is that it transfers the force to the U-bolts, which are not intended to withstand that. They may hold if they are large enough, but I feel it still is a misapplication, a case of using something in a manner for which it was not intended by the original designer. Also to be considered is the fact that if a U-bolt fails you have gone from an annoyance to a big problem.

73,

John, K9MM