Re: [TowerTalk] Cadwelding ground rods

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cadwelding ground rods
From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 12:33:59 -0600
* On 2014 01 Jan 11:35 -0600, Jim W7RY wrote:
> Bend the top vertical with a piece of pipe.
>
> Not sure if you can get the weld material level in the mold or not.
> Best if the mold can be level or you will end up with a bad weld.

Also watch for the mold twisting and not being square on top of the rod.
As it twists to the side the rubber gasket won't seal completely and
too much of the molten weld material will be lost.

Once you have it all lined up correctly, Murphy dictates that upon
ignition the mold will crack and break leaving a mess and no weld so you
get to do it all over again.  Always happens so that the project will
have to be finished another day...

73, de Nate >>