Re: [TowerTalk] Tower base

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower base
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 21:54:42 -0700

Since it's a guyed tower you probably won't have any problem, but the reality is that your legs are only anchored by a few inches of bolt through a brittle piece of stone ... one that's likely to be subject to vibration and force from your tower. It's not likely to sink and it's not likely to shift sideways, but I'd recommend you never be tempted to mount a free standing tower of any size to those legs ... I don't think you could count on it not pulling up.

73,
Dave   AB7E