Re: [TowerTalk] Tower base

To: "'Mickey Baker'" <n4mb@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower base
From: "Ray, W4BYG" <w4byg@att.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 12:21:28 -0500
I don't think chemistry issues were an issue here.

My tower base and brackets were fabricated of construction grade steel that
were cold galvanized.  The bolts were galvanized HD.  They were recommended
for that application.  The tower was 18" and 14" aluminum sections made by
Heights.

After many years in place and afterwards, there was no sign of deterioration
of the sulfur.  My gut feeling was it would take a D-7 Caterpillar tractor
to disturb them.
Ray, W4BYG