Re: [TowerTalk] Drill motor

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Drill motor
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 15:23:58 -0500
On 2/22/2014 12:31 PM, Bryan Swadener wrote:
That was well thought-out, Patrick.  More thoughts:

The model name is Super HAWG, model number 1680-20.
See http://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/corded/1680-20
It doesn't just provide for a second hand grip; comes with a
second hand grip handle, which I use. I've accidentally hit
the tower's UP limiters and had the drill try to rotate on me.
Just letting go of the drill (and trigger) works for me. I'd rather
have that, than stretch (or break) the tower's wirerope cable.

Also, be aware that, since the chuck and motor output shaft
are RH threaded and secured with a 1/4"-20 LH sockethead
lock screw, it won't supply a lot of CCW torque w/o breaking the
screw.  But, it seems stout enough to lower my TX-472.
It's worth finding and keeping a spare lock screw.

vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC