Re: [TowerTalk] TIC Potentiomenter

To: "'Scott'" <scottb@radios-online.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TIC Potentiomenter
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 21:28:05 -0400
I have not counted the TIC gearing, but I imagine that the fastest spinning
part is the motor. The German windshield wiper gear motor that is in my
units has a no load RPM of 33.  This seems really slow for a pulse
indicator, although I am sure that there are ways to incorporate a faster
spinning shaft just for the indicator.  However this would not be an easy
retrofit. There are many other styles of TIC motors and I have no idea how
they are constructed. I am not sure how you are calculating pulses, my
medium prop pitch rotator has one magnet and gives 7063 pulses per antenna
revolution and my small PP rotator also has one magnet and gives 9576
pulses.

John KK9A