Re: [TowerTalk] Wired Anemometer for Tower?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wired Anemometer for Tower?
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 15:06:49 -0400
On 4/27/2014 1:01 PM, Steve Jones wrote:
Can any of you recommend a wired anemometer or weather station unit?

I want to install an anemometer to monitor the wind speed at the top of my
tower.  All I can find online are wireless units.  On this reflector I have
seen a number of bad reviews of wireless weather sensors, because their
little wifi transceivers get damaged by the RF from a ham antenna.  I have a
spare CAT5 cable at the base of the tower available.
I wanted a wired unit, but could not find one. They told me I could bring it back if I had problems. I told them it might take a couple months to find out. They said, that's fine.

I have a cheap, "Acurite", wireless from Lowe's, with no complaints...Well, maybe one. Having to change batteries every few years. It uses the 440 band for a link. I've never heard it and and apparently its never heard me.

73

Roger  (K8RI)

73,

Steve