Re: [TowerTalk] Cadweld vs other welds or brazing

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cadweld vs other welds or brazing
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2014 09:20:40 -0500
Mechanical fasteners may or may not remain tight through heat cycling, freeze/thaw cycles, and possible corrosion which is why they need to be inspected and potentially touched up periodically. This is a PITA if the connections are buried as per authoritative guidance. This burial thing is one of the motivators for wanting to weld the connections.

Can't respond to the material alteration issue as I don't understand what is meant.

Patrick NJ5G