Re: [TowerTalk] Cadweld vs other welds or brazing

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cadweld vs other welds or brazing
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2014 09:09:13 -0500
If you get really uptight about your connections consider this... The proscription against welding the rebar is a rebar strength issue. Just extend the rebar a bit past its "standard planned length" and weld to the extension which is not involved in the design of the cage. I have welded stainless steel tabs to steel with ease. Then I could use SS bolts to secure copper ground strap and not get the corrosion I would expect with plain steel. The forgoing will work but as Jim L says, it may not make much of an improvement.
When in doubt I typically opt for the more is better approach.

Patrick NJ5G