Re: [TowerTalk] Utility Pole as Beam Support

To: "Clay Jackson" <n7qnm-lists@nwlink.com>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Utility Pole as Beam Support
From: "Steve Baughn" <baughn@centurylink.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 08:51:10 -0400
Clay,

Reference the building dept issue you might want to start by looking up your local ordinances that deal with building regulation and see what language they use. Some years back the municipality I worked for in Ohio got a hair about a tower I had that had been in the ground for a number of years. They attempted to call it an accessory structure and a number of other things. Bottom line is they had no language that pertained to towers to begin with and had never heard of PRB-1. They then settled for me paying for a permit after the fact. This created another issue as they had no language in their fee schedule for towers. This was also resolved. They then tried the same thing on another ham. My point is just because they tell you something it may pay to double check what they are saying and make sure their ordinances are in line with what they tell you. They basically had no idea what they were talking about but because they had gotten a complaint from some nut case they felt obligated to do something-even if it was wrong..Gl es 73,

Steve, WD8NPL

-----Original Message----- From: Clay Jackson