Re: [TowerTalk] first post

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] first post
From: Bryan Swadener via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 16:57:45 -0700 (PDT)
I read the book Steve recommends, and purchased a new-to-me Force12 C-4XL
(40/20/15/10m) yagi for a very good price. Force12 says it works on 17 & 12m
using an ATU.  My TS850SAT likes it on 17m w/o the tuner and pulls it in fine
on 12m.  20-10m uses full length elements and 40m uses linear-loading.  It has
been replaced by the Delta4-XL that uses lumped element loading on 40.

Even barefoot with 2 elements/band, it's common to bust a pileup on the first
call, and start pileups of my own. My 72' tower might have something to do with
that.

vy 73 es gl,

Bryan WA7PRC
http://www.tinyurl.com/wa7prc-tower