Re: [TowerTalk] Cutting 2" Heavy Wall Cr-Mo Mast Up on Tower

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cutting 2" Heavy Wall Cr-Mo Mast Up on Tower
From: Jim Hoge <knowkode@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 11:27:22 -0700
The easiest method would be to just place the rotator lower in the tower.

If you really want to cut the mast, then a portable bandsaw is the way to go. I
have done this before but I'm not sure I would recommend it.If the mast is cut
in place, you will be effectively felling a tree with almost no safety buffer.
You will be strapped in right next to the mast with nowhere to go should the
mast fall the wrong way. If the mast is removed and strapped next to the tower
and then cut, well, you may as well send the mast to the ground for cutting.

73 es be safe,
Jim W5QM