Re: [TowerTalk] Low over ground beams : Moxon vs Jungle-Job

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Low over ground beams : Moxon vs Jungle-Job
From: "Yan (XV4Y)" <xv4y@nature-mekong.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2014 09:23:36 +0700
Hi All,

I received many comments about this. Thanks for your inputs.
First I need to say that, in first place, if I shared my results here, that was
because I found them interesting if not disturbing.

Both antennas were modeled horizontal.
In both cases MMana was set to run simulation on the model at 3m height over «
real ground ».
The Moxon model was created yesterday.
The Jungle-Job however I had it from a former simulation for a multi-band
jungle-job using coupled resonator.

The problem was the Jungle-Job model has a design that included an offset of
10m! (All wires were with Z=10m)
That explains the numbers.
The Jungl-job is still better than the Moxon, but only by 1dB.
Not worth the increase in size. It might still be easier to
assemble/disassemble for portable, though.

I apologize for the « noise »…

To Rick N6RK, sourcing lightweight 3,2m and 4,7m fishing pole is easy and
cheap. Anything longer is difficult to find and very expensive (for my
budget)...
To Pres N6SS, yes I hope to be participating in the AA DX SSB next september.

73,
Yan.
---
Yannick DEVOS - XV4Y