Re: [TowerTalk] 204BA boom resonance, problem for 40 or not ?

To: <john@kk9a.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 204BA boom resonance, problem for 40 or not ?
From: Marko L Myllymaki <marko.l.myllymaki@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 09:57:12 -0700
Thanks very much John !
You are right on 15 m boom interaction with 20 if mounted 90 degrees apart.
My 1st plan was to use 3 element 15 and so with short boom on this tower (as
I will have another 15 on other tower anyway).  That would probably be OK,
but currently I'm planning to go with 155CA, and then its boom resonance is
probably somewhere around 20 m band and it could be an issue.  I forgot it.

OK, so assuming that 40 m LL yagi would not resonate on 15, then actually
best thing to do would be to align all 3 booms same direction and create as
much as possible separation between 15 m yagi on top and other 2 lower
antennas.  I do have long chromoly mast already inside tower which after
rotor is installed would stick out about 18 feet, so there is good length
available.  I don't intend to use entire length of it due to mechanical
concerns, but still I think it would be possible to get something like 14 ft
separation from 40 and maybe around 8 ft from 20 in middle, this would have
20 and 40 still 6 feet apart from each others.

73 Marko n5zo