Re: [TowerTalk] Black UHMW ?

To: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Black UHMW ?
From: Charlie Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 12:55:32 -0400
On 8/16/2014 Jim Thomson wrote:

 I thought phenolic absorbed moisture ??   At least the old style phenolic did.
  Fiberglass based material might work.
I have found that most grades of white uhmw  will succumb to UV after time,
turm brittle and start to crack, and break off.
The black uhmw might be the ticket for a bearing plate..... and if it doesn’t
conduct.... used for ele to boom mounts.
The grey pvc tubing found in home depot electrical dept  works great to
insulate eles from the al  boom to ele  plate.
Then a solid fiberglass insulator in the middle...for DE.

Jim  VE7RF

phenolic  comes in MANY types.  The "old" stuff you are thinking of is
paper or linen bases, you get the fiberglass based, and it is not