[TowerTalk] Fwd: Guyed + self supporting /2 ??

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Guyed + self supporting /2 ??
From: Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 23:26:25 -0400
If you look carefully at the picture you'll see that each bracket has a U-bolt
grabbing the Z rod, thereby spreading the load to all three legs.

I used (a home made) plate with three holes, one for each leg to connect the
guy wires to my tower.

The tower was built of parts from a self-supporting tower. By guying it I
increased the maximum wind-load from 85 to 135 mph. One note; the guy wires do
not attach to the top of the tower but a few sections down. By that the bending
from wind-load is "evened out" between the sections. I built;t the base very
stiff so the bending of the tower takes the form of a compete sinusiod and the
bending of the top will help the section just under that guy wire to
"straighten out".

73 de,

Hans - N2JFS