[TowerTalk] FW: Difference in TailTwister and Ham 4 torque values

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FW: Difference in TailTwister and Ham 4 torque values
From: "Matt" <maflukey@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 05:36:41 -0500
>>>  My question, and I have searched, what is the difference in
starting/running torque between the Ham 4 and TailTwister?

Ray,

There is no difference in torque output between the Ham IV and the Tail
Twister.   Both use the same drive motor and running gear ratios.  The Tail
Twister has a stronger rotor housing, improved mounting fastener
arrangement, and a stronger brake wedge setup.

Regarding low motor torque output...  have may want to check the motor run
capacitor (in the control unit) and its wiring connections from the control
unit to the rotor.

You also mentioned that you have greased the tower support bearing.  You may
want to uncouple the rotor and just rotate the tower by hand - it should
rotate freely with the main source of resistance being the mass inertia of
the tower itself.

Hope you get it working.

Matt
KM5VI