Re: [TowerTalk] Cadweld vs clamps

To: "'Towertalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cadweld vs clamps
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 06:49:13 -0500
I think both methods are effective.  I have used both.

My experience shows the difference is time.  No clamp can be expected to
maintain its contact area with the wire and rod in soil over a long period
of time due to chemical reaction between the soil, wire, clamp and rod.
Cadweld solves this problem by isolating the chemical action to external
parts of the connection.

73, Keith NM5G