Re: [TowerTalk] Cadweld vs clamps

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cadweld vs clamps
From: Bryan Fields <Bryan@bryanfields.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 10:21:08 -0400
>>> Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2014 10:49 PM To: Towertalk Subject:
>>> [TowerTalk] Cadweld vs clamps
>>>
>>> I watched the video about Cadweld and read the info, but I'm still not
>>> convinced it is better than old fashioned ground rod clamps.

Argh, idiots top posting.

Anyways, the main cost for cadweld is the molds.  Once you have them it's very
cheap ($4/weld) to make the connections.  The tower leg/pipe molds are really
nice to have as you can use them on a tower leg with out having to heat the
entire leg up with a torch.

One can use a oxy torch to weld as well with some silver solder, but it's much
more labor intensive.  About the only reason I've done this was working with
copper strap.

73's
--
Bryan Fields