[TowerTalk] GE HV silicone spray ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] GE HV silicone spray ?
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 11:33:59 -0800
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 09:54:21 -0700
From: Don Moman VE6JY <ve6jy.1@gmail.com>
To: "TOWERTALK@contesting. com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] GE HV silicone spray ?

Jim, this may be similar.... Available locally at Gregg Distributors.... I
use a product  labeled as "Sprayon"  (by Sherwin Williams) 00600 Clear
Insulating Varnish.  Says on can that dielectric strength is 1000 VPM
(volts per millimeter I guess).?  They also make a red version (SB-6-665)
with 1100 VPM.  I use it routinely to seal antenna DE and balun connections
etc.  Seems impervious to weathering....

73 Don
VE6JY

##  I must be brain dead.   Its called GE  HV acrylic plastic.
They probably mean 1 kv per mil... or .001”  ( .001 inch)
Teflon is typ 2 kv per mil.

##  I will check it out.  We have a few Sherwin Williams outlets here.
I will see if I can hi pot test the stuff....just out of interest.   I have a
myriad of
uses for it.   BTW, it also comes in green, etc.

Tnx again.

Jim  VE7RF