Re: [TowerTalk] GE HV silicone spray ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] GE HV silicone spray ?
From: "Patrick Greenlee" <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2014 08:36:26 -0600
Are we boycotting Glyptal?? Spun off from GE in 1985 it is widely available. I used to buy it in small bottles with a brush in the cap as sold by GC (General Cement?) back in the early 70's. It has good dielectric properties and was used by TV techs on the CRT high voltage ckts. I used it for its waterproofing and adhesive qualities as well as its dielectric properties and UV+visible light opacity. (Developed dual beam ultra-violet spectrophotometers used for blood analysis.)

It is still available. I'm not sure but I think there may be different formulations so go for electronic application type if given a choice. I know Glyptal is also used to seal engine blocks but I don't know if it is the same formulation.

Try it, you'll like it.

73,

Patrick NJ5G

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Thomson