Re: [TowerTalk] A4S questions/INFO

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] A4S questions/INFO
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbert.schoenbohm@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 14:57:10 -0400
Yuri, You might want to remove the sheet metal screws that connect the trap body to the actual driven element. (You might want to check the reflector and director as well) Occasionally some aluminum oxide builds up there. Also, and it may not be that easy, slide the tape apart and make sure that coil wires are not bridged by insects or a carbon arc. If everything else looks OK put a GDO on MFJ-259 coupled to the traps in free air and see where the each resonate. They should turn out to resonate at the same place on 15 and 10 meters. If not then you might have found the problem. I have a box of A4 traps and was going to put them on eBay but let me know what you need.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ