[TowerTalk] Fwd: Bulkhead feed-through.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Bulkhead feed-through.
From: Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 17:58:37 -0500
Well, mine isn't. :(

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Young <youngron@verizon.net>
To: Hans Hammarquist <hanslg@aol.com>
Sent: Thu, Nov 20, 2014 5:42 pm
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bulkhead feed-through.

Usually the bulkhead is on stand-offs so the plate is off the outside wall.
Only
coax goes thru the wall. There should be no vapor going thru the coax so no
problem.
Ron W8RJL

Sent from my iPhone

<towertalk@contesting.com> wrote:

> I have a grounded, metal plate that carries all my bulkhead connectors from
the outside to the inside. No big deal except: I have wrapped the outside of
the
connectors with water tight tape.

> Consider that the temperature is lower outside than inside (Vermont) I am
afraid that I will have water buildup on the connectors on the outside as vapor
easily can get through from the inside.

> Comments! Have anyone have had a problem with this before? Do I have to get
guarantied water tight bulk, feed-through connectors?