Re: [TowerTalk] N6BT, Force12inc and JK Antennas

To: <k3lr@k3lr.com>, <john@kk9a.com>, "'Kelly Taylor'" <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] N6BT, Force12inc and JK Antennas
From: "chetmoore" <chetmoore@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 15:34:52 -0500
Not much to add to what Tim said. If you are going to an 18 foot boom, as
opposed to 10 ft or 12 foot,   why not get as many bands or elements on that
boom while you are at it  Without affecting the performance on individual
bands.  The spyder beams, hex beams are super light and can go in smaller
carrying cases and can use lighter rotators. Spyderbeam/hex may have issues
when permanently installed in areas where you have snow and ice but they
seem to have done well with the more recent dxpeditions. If I was doing a
dxpedition, spyder/hex Would seem to be the way to go.

73

Chet N4fx