[TowerTalk] Trap ID

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Trap ID
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 03:14:03 -0800
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 22:43:27 -0500
From: "Wilson" <infomet@embarqmail.com>
To: "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>

Someone suggested Mosley, which seems correct.

A tribander with only six traps:
http://www.mosley-electronics.com/pdf/amateur/cl33m.pdf

Thanks,
WL

## There is NO way in hell you can get  the dbd gains that mosely claims for
the cl-33-m !
They are claiming 7.3 dbd on 20m... 8.1dbd on 15m...and 8.5dbd on 10m.....all
from just
3 trapped els on a 18 ft boom.  They also claim 20 lbs per sq ft at 80 mph...
for wind loading on the
6 sq ft yagi.... more nonsense.  Dream on mosely, dream on.  My F-12  5el 20m
gai on a 35.5 ft boom
is rated at 7.3dbd.  My f-12  6 el 15m yagi is rated at 8.5 dbd.  Perhaps I
should toss my monobanders
and replace em both with the far supieor mosely... trap master  Cl-33m.   Their
FAQ is a riot.  They solve
the balun issue...by not using one. They insulate both sides of the DE, then
tie braid to one side, and hot to the
other side.... then also bond the braided side...to the boom.  Hey Mosley, they
have not made 52 ohm coax since
the mid 70s. The pix of their factory floor looks pretty cool,  looks like it
was taken in 1957.   Their monobanders
have more gain than anything ever made in your wildest dreams...check this out.
http://www.mosley-electronics.com/pages/series/monoband.htm#power

Jim  VE7RF