Re: [TowerTalk] Nube rebar question

To: kilo6dko@gmail.com,TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Nube rebar question
From: <n0tt1@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 23:34:36 +0000
Kent,

If one wants to get the "right stuff", some inexpensive plastic "chairs"
that support the rebar off the dirt are available.   Those can be seen at
highway construction job sites and places like the big box Home
centers.  I just use some "paver" bricks I have on hand.

I've "heard" that the alkaline in the concrete helps prevent rusting
of the rebar...check that out.

RE: the building of the cage....you may already know this:
it's good to cross-brace the cage on the sides, top and bottom
to prevent "racking".  Wire-tie every joint.  Be sure to bond
the rebar to your tower grounding system....read more about
UFER grounds on the net.

Rent a concrete vibrator and read/learn how to use it....you'll
be VERY glad you did!

It's hard to overdo the bracing of wood forms....for good info,
Google is your friend.

73,
Charlie, N0TT