Re: [TowerTalk] Adding 160 to an 80M dipole?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Adding 160 to an 80M dipole?
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 14:19:11 -0500

This is the point exactly ... the radiation resistance of a "short"
vertical (less than 50' or so on 160) combined with the relatively
high losses in a base loading coil and less than optimum ground makes
a low dipole as good a choice as a "short" vertical.  Now, if one is
talking about a 60 or 70' shunt fed tower with yagi for top loading
and 30 to 60 radials 50 foot or more long, I'll take the tower every
time.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV