Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Fast, cheap, and or good... Pick two.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Fast, cheap, and or good... Pick two.
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2015 09:43:25 -0600
Hans, There is merit to the info provided re rotor-rotator. I think it borrows from the use of rotor vs stator as in an alternator or motor. There is merit to the idea that a rotator is something that rotates or rotates another object but ditto rotor.

Maybe I was being too old fashioned. I never heard the term rotator applied to rotating a TV antenna, but instead always heard rotor. Hmmm maybe there should have been Alliance Tenna Rotator vice Tenna Rotor. ;) ;)

I guess we'll have to "train" our spell checkers.

My current take is that both communicate unambiguously in our context. I prefer to follow the "typesetter's rule" the one using the least printer's ink is the correct one. ;) ;)

Best to you this New Year and to your electronic antenna positioning system!

Patrick     NJ5G