Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator vs Rotor

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator vs Rotor
From: Jim Forsyth <jim@af6o.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2015 12:02:15 -0800
I don't think you would use a positioner to change polarity, did you perhaps mean polarization (polarisation)?
73 Jim, AF6O

On 1/4/2015 11:47 AM, GALE STEWARD via TowerTalk wrote:
Before my retirement, I worked in the Antenna Division of a large defense
company that designed and built electronic systems for various branches of our
military.
We had both indoor and outdoor antenna ranges, eight in total.  All of our positioning
devices we simply called "positioners". All of these ranges had positioners for
azimuth, elevation, and antenna polarity.
All in all, seems to be more descriptive word!
HNY & 73,Stew K3ND