Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator vs Rotor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator vs Rotor
From: "Jim Hargrave" <w5ifp@gvtc.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 15:08:18 -0600
Wikipedia says:
"An antenna "rotator" is a device which is used to change the
orientation of a directional antenna"
"The "rotor" is a moving component of an electromagnetic

By these definitions, my Prop Pitch drive used to be a "rotor" when
installed on an aircraft propeller.
I guess it is now a "rotator" since it is firmly attached near the
bottom of my tower and the 45 ft. drive shaft is now considered a
"Rotor".

Boy am I glad to get that straight.........

73, Jim - w5ifp@gvtc.com

impressive.