[TowerTalk] Ring Rotor Motor

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ring Rotor Motor
From: Randall K Martin <rkmassoc@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 10:20:21 -0700
( I also posted this on the contesting forum..sorry if you get both)

The drive motor for one of my TIC rings (1022D) recently bit the dust. The motor still turns, but the internal gear drive is stripped. Was just told that it cannot be repaired, and my only option is to buy a brand new ring for over $4000. Anyone out there have a drive assembly they want to sell, or know of a source for a replacement motor and gear box (windshield wiper assembly)? I can send a photo of the drive unit. It is the style that is formed steel, and the mounting plate is secured with two large flat head screws. Two steel back plates attach it to the cross brace on the tower.
73 Randy K0EU