[TowerTalk] How to solder aluminum braid coax cable ?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] How to solder aluminum braid coax cable ?
From: "Yan (XV4Y)" <xv4y@nature-mekong.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 15:45:40 +0700
Hi,

A few years ago the cable TV network of the city went bankrupt.
They left kilometers of then unused cable on the poles.
Yesterday, the telephone company guys did some clean-up on the poles (they are
really messy so it was welcomed) and threw away trunks of coax cable.
I took two runs of around 10 meters each, just in case.

The cable is Chinese made, and the only roman characters inscriptions are SYWV
75-9.
Doing a quick search on internet you'll see its official spec are reasonably
good with 2.3dB/100m losses at 50 MHz.
It's a 75ohms cable made for up to 1GHz signals. (right choice for cable TV,
isn't it ?)
PVC insulation, PE foam dielectric, copper center conductor BUT aluminum
shielding...
http://bainatong.en.alibaba.com/product/540256967-200746290/CCTV_CATV_cable_SYWV_75_9_9C_FB.html

Braiding is very low density (not for high power transmissions) but I will use
it with 100W anyway.
I think it should be a good replacement for the RG-6 alike cable I've been
using for the 20m verticale with fair success.

However as the braid is in aluminum, I wonder if any of you as some advices on
how to solder it ?
I've been using the cheap RG-6 cable TV a lot when good 50ohm cable was not
available.
However, soldering the braid (and at time the coper coated center conductor)
has always been tricky...

Thanks for your help.
73,
Yan.