Re: [TowerTalk] RF Ground is a Myth

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RF Ground is a Myth
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 17:55:12 -0800
On Mon,1/19/2015 5:29 PM, Brian Carling wrote:
The advice varies about this considerably. This week is the first time I've
even heard of UF ER or conductive concrete!

The professional experts that I know recommend putting a 20 to 30 foot ground
rod into the ground at each corner of your house and connecting heavy gauge
copper conductors up to lightning rodsup on the roof.

You and your "experts" are only 70 years behind. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ufer_ground

The Ufer ground is VERY well known among the Electrical Engineers who design power systems for all sorts of buildings.

73, Jim K9YC