Re: [TowerTalk] Beverage Antenna

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Beverage Antenna
From: "Don " <w7wll@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 19:24:01 -0800
With a few hundred thousand acres of National Forest behind me I have the opportunity to put up an almost unlimited length Beverage ranging from about 10 degrees through 170 degrees (basically easterly). My concern is what several have expressed, some animal pulling down wire with whatever. Here it is elk and deer that is my concern. The elk can make my S acre look like the receiving end of an artillary barrage. What is the height limit for a Beverage - in short, can I put it at a height that clears the elk racks and still have it be efficient? I ask because 1) I've not done a lot of sleuthing or reading yet on Beverage's and 2) it seems like most of the dialogue revolves around low heights use.

Hope to learn more about this antenna from this thread.

Don W7WLL