Re: [TowerTalk] Coax lengths for phasing a stack

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax lengths for phasing a stack
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 10:28:11 -0500
While this does one really answer your question of using different feedline
lengths, I use equal lengths of coax with no particular length in regards to
wavelength.  Mine all run to the base of the tower. You could save a lot of
coax by having them meet in the middle however if you use switching then
your relays are 150' in the air in your example.  If you used four yagis,
you could group them on the tower and bring only a pair of feedlines down
the tower for switching and save some coax. FWIW, LDF4 is much easier to
coil up on the tower than LDF5 and it is inexpensive if you shop around.

John KK9A