Re: [TowerTalk] 30 foot Rohn 25G calculations

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 30 foot Rohn 25G calculations
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 06:09:42 -0600
I have owned several Universal Towers and have never seen this egging
condition. Perhaps it depends on the size of the sections, I always used
the larger ones. The OEM bolts will quickly corroded into nothing and
after seeing this once I never used them again. I had one 50' tower in
Aruba with stacked 10m and 15m monobanders.  The wind never stops in Aruba
and there was constant force and movement on the tower and antennas. There
was never any egging and in fact do to the salt spray and the upsidedown
design the sections were severely locked together when I removed it.

John KK9A