Re: [TowerTalk] 30 foot Rohn 25G calculations

To: Gedas <w8bya@mchsi.com>, n8de@thepoint.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 30 foot Rohn 25G calculations
From: bcarling@cfl.rr.com
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 08:50:22 -0500
Thanks very much, Don,

We are still looking into this and I can go either way. I would actually prefer
to go unguyed,
but then I would need a large concrete base. About a 4 foot cube, Right?

Will that free standing aluminum tower guarantee to withstand 110 mph sustained
winds and
a 3 second gust of 139 mph?
I kind of doubt it. Maybe I am wrong.

That is the requirement for my county in Central Florida.

Has anyone already done the TI222 calculations for that configuration?
I wlil have about 5.5 sq ft wind load with an A3WS beam and a Cushcraft 50-3
beam.

AF4K, Bry Carling