Re: [TowerTalk] Mosley Antenna Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mosley Antenna Question
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 20:09:26 -0800
On Sat,2/21/2015 4:20 PM, TexasRF--- via TowerTalk wrote:
Jim, have you considered switching the reflector to a director for long
path? Sounds like your stub switch might allow that.

I tried modeling that, and couldn't find combinations that made it work. So the plan is drive the reflector and switch stubs into the other dipole. Before I can do that, there are installation details, like trimming the coax to the shortest practical length that still gives me the height, replacing a blown Polyphaser, figuring out the coax length to the panel, then doing the design on the basis of that length.

73, Jim K9YC