Re: [TowerTalk] Tilting Down a US Tower HDX-589

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tilting Down a US Tower HDX-589
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 12:42:17 -0600
I have a tower with 4 1/2 inch OD tube legs on 14 ft centers. I use a tractor to pull it over past the balance point where the CG crosses the line between the hinges and a winch on a truck plus a a-frame gin pole to let it down and raise it back up with the tractor following the raising with a tag line until past the balance point. My slight mod of the Archimedes thing, "Given a lever long enough and a place to stand I can bend the lever." ;) ;)

Patrick      NJ5G