[TowerTalk] More from the M2 antennas quality control

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] More from the M2 antennas quality control
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 15:33:59 -0700
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 14:03:21 -0400
From: TexasRF--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
To: normanlizeth@gmail.com, towertalk@contesting.com
file

You mentioned the elements are longer than expected. If you are truly
concerned you could trim them with a file or better yet a belt sander.If  you
do
that, the chamfered ends should be restored as that also has an effect on
the electrical length.

This sounds like a non-problem.

73,
Gerald K5GW

##  Provided the dimensions on the instruction sheet are correct,  just whack
off
the sixteenth of an inch....and be done with it.  Stick em in the grinder, and
take em down
a bit, and round the sharp edges off in the process. bam..done.   Have you
raised hell with
M2..yet ??   My guess is their jig is off by a 1/16 th.    Its not worth
sending it back for an exchange.
But with  28 eles, dual polarized, its still a fair amount of work.   I cant
see spending $700.00  for a
432 mhz yagi myself.    That amounts to $910.00 in canadian funds..then  add
12%  sales tax..then
shipping on top of that.   What do they make 432 mhz eles  from....  1/4 inch
solid rod ?   That stuff
costs dick at the local metal place across town.  The real work would be
drilling out the boom in a jig,
and installing a mountain of insulators in there.   Still, it could be done.

Jim   VE7RF